Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Coffee and Cleaning

When the stars align and there is a full moon, I get this itch. The only way to scratch this itch is with large quantities of coffee and cleaning, hours of cleaning.

Sometimes I wish either Tom or I were OCD about the cleanliness of our house. Don't worry, we are not cockroach in the sink messy, but more like, where we take our clothes off they stay messy. We don't make our bed every day. We don't dust baseboards. We only vacuum once a week..ish. Are you supposed to wash the outside of your windows?

Anywho, like I said every once in a great while I get this insatiable desire to clean. I turn on music, put on tennis shoes (I won't stop if I have the shoes on). I bleach whatever is bleachable, I mop, I dust, I climb on ladders to clean the blades of the ceiling fans and bathroom fixtures.  I even move furniture to vacuum underneath. I do all the laundry, including rugs and curtains. I organize bookshelves by size, throw away the odd socks, and usually do a run through in my closet because I heard Goodwill was running low.

WARNING: Do not bother me while I am doing this. Although I seem to be in a good mood,. I am merely just focused on the task at hand.  If you try to distract me or interrupt my flow I may say something I don't mean.  I am sorry in advance. If you do need my attention, at least offer coffee.

It usually take me a full day to get it all done, starting around 9 a.m. and ending around dinner time. After I finish I feel on top of the world, unstoppable and I get this feeling that from now on we will be civilized, organized people. We don't eat in on these nights because I don't want to dirty my freshly cleaned kitchen or put even a spoon out of place. I get upset the first time something isn't put away. But, like any high, at some point you have to come down. For me, it's usually the next day If I am lucky I will make the bed at least one more time, but then it is over, back to our disheveled lifestyle. At least until I get the intch again.

I give it a month or until company comes...whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment